Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 DLC, New Soundtrack, New Spotlight and More!

Page 1 of 3Next

Portal 2's first DLC has been confirmed to be released October 4th! The DLC includes a new Co-op campaign, as well as Challenge Mode and leaderboards! Here is the full press release, news via Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

Quote:
FREE PORTAL 2 DLC SHIPPING OCTOBER 4th
"Portal 2: Peer Review" Available on PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360

September 29, 2011 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the free DLC update for its bestselling game franchise Portal 2 will be rolled out across all regions on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PSN starting October 4th. The free DLC, titled "Portal 2: Peer Review", is available to all owners of Portal 2 for download on PS3 and Xbox 360, and will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac.

In "Peer Review", you and a friend will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS. The DLC also features a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and leaderboards to compare Challenge Mode scores with friends and the Portal community.

Also, the third installment of the Portal 2 soundtrack is available on the official Portal 2 site. Volume 3 includes songs from the last act of Portal 2 including "Want You Gone", as well as more music from the Co-op campaign. Check it out now!

We also have put up a new Community Spotlight, highlighting of all things one of the best Portal 1 maps Try Anything Twice by long time community contributor, HMW. Install Portal 1 if you don't have it already (you did get it when it was free, right?) and give it a play!

Lastly, there is an amazing 20 minute long Aperture fan video that showed up on Youtube yesterday. This was really well done and is a lot of fun to watch. Here it is:

t9mDxz9BXDk

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

"Will be released this summer..."
Oh well 11 days late and making me wait almost 6 months for challenges blows.... but at least it's FINALLY coming.

do NOT click this

Well, I still think that Valve should have mentioned this a couple weeks earlier. But at least we heard something.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

The 4th cannot get here fast enough.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

No new sp content... whyyyyyy

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15

'Bout time they finished up that soundtrack. :) This is the first time Valve has ever released anything with a "3" in the name...!

A little disappointed that there don't appear to be new SP maps, but a new co-op campaign will be fun if I can get my co-op partner into a game ... we both have heavy school right now, so timing is a bit of an issue. Still, a reason to get back into it!

There is no "N" in "Turret."

I can't wait to review this for ASEMBLE. It's going to be so awesome!!!

Edit: Just read the Turret Lullaby comic. Amazing and absolutely hilarious. Another thing to talk about on ASEMBLE. Can't wait :D

There's a new turret comic also

spongylover123 wrote:

Link?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
spongylover123 wrote:

Link?

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/turret_comic/

Look for a red spot in the music page.

Page 1 of 3Next