Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Odd clipping issue

Hey all, I'm almost done w/ my map submission for october. One of the last problems i'm having is that I have a dual ramp that throws you up to a higher platform. like so:
.........................._________ platform to jump to
ramp 1
................./ramp2
................./
......____ platform start

__bottom platform *jump to to add momentum to fling*

*sorry for the ascii drawing, if it doesn't make sense, i'll get in game and publish an actual image.*

The problem is, after shooting a portal on ramp 2, then jumping down to the bottom platform and hitting ramp 1, you get stuck every now and then. I've tried different angles and adding clipping to the bottom of it, but for whatever reason, I cant fix this. I assume the momentum from the fling shoots you half way into ramp 1.

Also, these ramps are parented to swinging door entities, if that makes any difference, they come out of the wall and spin around into position for a timed fling.

You might want to make and post a picture since I'm having a hard time understanding, and I bet I'm not the only one.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Lol, i was afraid of that. The following is a picture (i hope it clarifies.. it seems kind of messy as well)

haha awsome pic. i'm no help though.
why do you need the bottom launch pad to complete this?? i guess i'll see when it comes out.

hmm....
roger federer, you make a good point...
man, i h8 to take that out, though, gives you the stall to hit your portal on it... i guess i could pull that platform upwards a bit... hmm.. i'll keep thinking..

oh, wait.. nm, i do need that bottom platform there... haha

Edit your previous post next time, no need to double post.

Just stick the platform with the number "3" on it, out even further, so you fly past #5 instead of trying to fly under/over it?

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

Thanks, you guys. I just got too close the the issue and didn't think of the simple stuff. Lowering the platform pretty well took care of it. :D