Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New blood effects in Episode 2

Page 1 of 2Next

I was wondering what people think about the new blood spray efects when you shoot enemies in Episode 2

On the combine and zombies IMO I think it looks good, but it sprays way too much.
On the antlion guard and hunters i think the dribbling blood effect looks very nice and shouldn't really be changed much.

what do you think?

Good but exaggerated.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

I... hadn't even noticed.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
espen180 wrote:
Good but exaggerated.

Couldn't put it better.

Korjagun wrote:
Korjagun wrote:
Made Logic Portals in early 2008. Making diportals in 2011.
Author of Minecraft mods (MAtmos, Minaptics, NoteSlider) and Garry's Mod addons (Gunstrumental, SharpeYe, GarryWare, DepthHUD).

I hadn't really noticed all that much at all.

The best blood splatter system for me was in Tactical Ops. Player was shot, normalish blood spray. But the player would drip blood for a while after he was injured. Not noticably from the model, but he would leave a trail of blood wherever he went. Made following and tracking a little easier.

Not that that really would have helped in HL2. Everything's pretty much "I see you! Oh, you're dead now."

Lorithad wrote:
The best blood splatter system for me was in Tactical Ops.

Good old days, I remember.

Korjagun wrote:
"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

The blood splatter in ep 2 bothered me through the entire game - i thought it was perfect in hl2.

Page 1 of 2Next