Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Need Some help to create a counter in a map

I created a (very) simple map that has the sole purpose of jumping on a button several times to open the end door. I have been trying to create a counter on the wall to display how many more times you need to jump on the button to open the end door, and haven't gotten anywhere. I am trying to do this so that I can create bigger maps that incorporate both aspects later. Here is my page for the map on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68484764
Thanks for any help you can give.
-Shattered

I gotta admit that the counter above was pretty cleverly designed, but I don't think that there is a way to make it count down unless you want to make something really messy.

PAINT SKILLZ HAXXOR!

Connect the buttons to the door and connect the jump-button to the lightbridges like you did in your previous map.

I don't know what application this thing would have, but there you go...

It's way easier in Hammer ;)

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...

This is pretty interesting, although I'm not sure what puzzle applications you could have for hitting the same button multiple times. Especially if you give the player a visual indicator as to how many times they have to hit the button.

As for what you can do to make a visible counter, I think Hammer is your best bet.

Hammer definitely. The PTI editor is majorly limited with complex logic.

Look up how to use a math_counter.
If you want to display a number gui somewhere, try searching TWP for anything that might help.
Consequently I found this: post31123.html however that might not be the best thing to use.

If you become stuck: I can edit my Underground Timer instance to suit your needs.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop