Please or Register to create posts and topics.

mod doesn't work

Hi. I didn't find the map on twp but I guess I'm ok here with my question anywho. Am trying to play Portal Pro, heard it's good. However, after I paste the portal pro folder into SteamsteamappsSourceMods and restart steam, I don't see the portal pro added to my gameslist, which it's supposed to. Any suggestions to cause or solution?

Thanks
Dennis

If you pick a page to register to ask that question, why wasn't it Moddb, where you downloaded it, so that you could have asked the developer? :p

All I could think of would be that you have one folder too much between the real mod folder and the sourcemod folder. So that the path goes like this now: ...sourcemodsportal proportal pro"content" when it should be sourcemodsportal procontent.

yea if you have 1 folder in the way it wont work.Same as any mod
C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappssourcemodsportal pro the files(not a folder,if the mod comes zipped in a folder than just copy that to the sourcemods) must be in if your on win7.Anything else wont work.

zivi7 wrote:
If you pick a page to register to ask that question, why wasn't it Moddb, where you downloaded it, so that you could have asked the developer? :p

Considered registering there but figured there would be members here able to help me out. And since I'm going to dive into making maps, I would have registered here anyways to ask my inevitable questions.. Also, I don't expect the developer would be interested in helping me out..

As for the suggestions; I extracted Portal Pro (tried with and without the portal pro folder itself
) into D:progsSteamsteamappssourcemodsportal pro, so I'm guessing that should be correct..

One stupid question: do you own Portal game? Portal Pro is a Portal based mod, not Portal2...

It's not a good mod btw, it's BLOODY BRILLIANT

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
zivi7 wrote:

I'm on here too, but it was just a coincidence that I happened to see this thread. :P

Not much I can add that hasn't already been said. You need a full copy of Portal 1 on Windows (getting mods to work on Mac involves some trickery), and the sourcemods folder needs the portal pro directory (not the content itself) in it. For example, steam will try to find the file c:/program files/steam/steamapps/sourcemods/portal pro/GameInfo.txt.

That's not such a stupid question josepezdj. It didn't occur to me at all it could be a portal mod. I only had to notice the date it was posted.. Expected it to be something silly I overlooked, didn't expect this lol. So yeah, don't own a legal copy of portal. Wanted to get it already, will do now..

Thanks for the replies and Mevious, excuse me for expecting you not to help out..

You also need to restart Steam after you have downloaded a mod or it won't show up in your games list.

Wow! That was...uh, yeah. Just, yeah.
protoborg wrote:
You also need to restart Steam after you have downloaded a mod or it won't show up in your games list.

Why do you bump a week old thread with a suggestion that is already said in the original post?
[quote=D3M!5]However, after I paste the portal pro folder into SteamsteamappsSourceMods and restart steam[/quote]