Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to Load Previous Maps ?

Page 1 of 2Next

This has probably been asked already, but I cannot load previous Saves - just the last one.

With the DLC update of Portal 2 - when I try to load a previously Save, the menu only shows "Load last Save". Before the update, you would see a list of your Saves and you could select any one of them.

I do not understand why they would limit the Player to loading ONLY the last save.
So I must ask - is there a way to view a list of the previous saves and load any one of them ?

Thanks

Hmmm... that update is like 1 yeard old, righ? :shock:

Just jump off to the main menu > Single Game > Load game (I think it's like this... I'm not in front of my computer atm :D).

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I waited a year to ask - hehe.
Thanks - that worked. Seems odd that you have to go all the way back to find saved games . . but OK.
I am just glad to know how.

Nope - not working. What is happening ??

The F6 Quick Save and the F7 load work fine . . . but when I select "Save Game" I always see this:

1.jpg

So I go ahead and Save the game, and then when I try to Load the Game I see this:

2.jpg

If I use F7 to load the game, then walk around to a different chamber and then hit Esc and then "Save Game" I get the same thing again but the prvious Save is not there.
I did multiple Saves and none of them show up. I also cleaned out my Saves folder to make sure.

This should probably be in the Portal 2 forum...

Falsi sumus crusto!

I thought this was the Portal 2 forum ?
Oh well, I think I will have to try and reinstall Steam / Portal 2 from scratch.

Wow, that's weird... Before you proceed to the annoyance of reinstalling the whole thing, you could try some things. You should have a folder called Portal 2portal2SAVE. Check into it, you should have some files there (autosave.sav, autosave01.sav, quick.sav...)

If you woulnd't have any, try verifying your local files to see if it restores them. And if that still doesn't work, I'd suggest you to wait until I get home and post mine here to see if placing them into your folder would solve it :thumbup:

Thanks for the offer. I cleaned out the Save folder except for the folder that Steam created for my Saves, which is: 76561198041006012

Then I did a couple of Quick Saves (F6) ans also a couple of manual Saves (Escape / Save Game . .).
The result is this:

1.jpg

I did notice 3 files are created during gameplay and then deleted upon exiting - they are in the 76561198041006012 folder and were named 1338750356.hl1, 1338750356.hl2, and 1338750356.hl3

Anyway, sadly, the same problem persists with no Saved games in the list.
I even ran "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" - to no avail.

I really think you must be missing the "receptacle" files for the normal savegames, which are called autosave.sav and autosave01.sav. I think the game needs those to save your progress... What about trying to rename those you already have as "autosave.sav" and "autosave01.sav" :D

Yes - I am updating my post in response to your post below . . . I think all is working normally now - but "normal" includes NO "Save Game" option for Community, queued maps. And of course - no "Load Game" option either. So all of this is a combination of my own stupidity in not realizing the real problem - combined with an actual problem.

For months now I have been seeing a "Save Game" option for Community, queued maps and I "Saved the Game" - many times. But since clearing out everything and running "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" - I no longer see the "Save Game" option for Community maps. I do see the Save Game option for bsp maps that I have launched from the console. And when I save it - it works and I can later, Load the Game.

For some reason Steam was showing the "Save Game" option for my subscribed, community maps.
So the application on my system was hosed. OK so I understand, now that it is all working:

It certainly does suck that you cannot save and load Community maps.
Sorry for wasting your time - but in reality you have helped me a lot.
I am now running normally and have the correct menu options restored. Thanks

Page 1 of 2Next