Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to fix textures in hammer (Confirmed!!!)

Page 1 of 2Next

To fix the purple checkerboard issue with several Portal textures in Hammer:
1) Download this file: dload.php?action=file&file_id=4
2) Unpack it in to your C:Program FilesSteamSteamAppsUsernameHalf-life 2 Deathmatchhl2mp
3) Cancel your eye appointment.

Note: I did not create/make this, So please do not give me any credit for this. I got permission from the person who made this to post this.

And have fun no more black and puprle textures xD

Also, the creater wanted me to post his SteamID page.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ster

Holy shit, does this really work? What materials does it fix? (FYI, at work right now and not at home, so can't try it out myself.)

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Can someone confirm this so we can cross-post it to the wiki?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

/me double times getting the download database working!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

It actually works, I only ran it on a few maps though. Not sure if all of them. But the ground isn't purple and black, the walls and other retarted stuff before.

Class just got out an hour early (!!!) so I'm gonna double time back to my room and give this a shot. Just need a place to host it. *nudge sleeper*

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

This is awesome!

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.

The only thing I found that is still purple and black is the windows, but that is probably because I was messing with my textures before xD.
But other then that its awsome!!

It works it works! My eyes I can see! I'm so excited now I can do so much editing tonight without UV sunglasses on :!:

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]
msleeper wrote:
Holy shit, does this really work? What materials does it fix? (FYI, at work right now and not at home, so can't try it out myself.)

All of them, to the best of my knowledge. If you come across anymore giving you problems, let me know and I'll fix those ones too.

Page 1 of 2Next