Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[help needed] warped/ corrupted textures on portal 2

Hi all,
Im new here, and also new to portal, there is this problem where the textures of the game does not render like its supposed to and i get holes in my cubes, guns and buttons, stretched textures on doors, stairs and stuff. heres some photos :
http://i.imgur.com/DpV2R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CSn3N.jpg

thx all :D

WOW. That looks very weird. If your texture files are corrupted or your pak01_dir file is damaged, you should first of all verify the integrity of the game cache files (go to your steam library > right-click on Portal2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache files).

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Wow, it looks like the fabric of space is being ripped to shreds! :shock: I'm sorry that has never happened to me before. I've never evens seen anyone else have that happen.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

I remembered someone on the forums having the same problem with models.

Razroid wrote:
Hi all,
Im new here, and also new to portal, there is this problem where the textures of the game does not render like its supposed to and i get holes in my cubes, guns and buttons, stretched textures on doors, stairs and stuff.

As Habzs said, someone had the same problem as you in this thread.

Try reverting your display driver to an earlier version.

Whoa...looks a lot like an enormous leak. Does the texture warp when you move, and sort of slide upwards.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Looks like the bug introduced with the Catalyst Driver's latest version. Roll back to the previous version and you should be fine.

FelixGriffin wrote:
Whoa...looks a lot like an enormous leak.

It looks absolutely nothing like a leak. What it looks like, is typical artifacting caused by a poorly written display driver.