Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Half-life 2 Auto Reset config

Ok this has happened a couple of times.
I close source sdk and reload it and it sometimes auto resets the configurations so the mod isn't in there.

Anyone else having this problem?

I can't say I do, I do however, always get the Copying Files thing at the start of SDK.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

This has also happened to me a couple of times, annoying.

Only a spider trusts the web
Grudge wrote:
I can't say I do, I do however, always get the Copying Files thing at the start of SDK.

That happens almost every single time for me, I think it's normal. Not even sure what it's copying...

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Mapster wrote:
Ok this has happened a couple of times.
I close source sdk and reload it and it sometimes auto resets the configurations so the mod isn't in there.

Anyone else having this problem?

You are not getting a clean close with hammer, this happens when there is a crash in the hammer.exe process thread. Even though it looks like it is closing, what is really happening is that hammer.exe is crashing as it terminates from memory... what you can do to fix this is delete the exe and refresh your sdk content. (be sure to copy any mods out of that dir - for saving's sake I guess)

Lately hammer has been crashing a lot, it's really beginning to put me off building maps :roll:

Yeah same, I have a feeling it doesn't like what we are doing to it, haha. I'm sure the bugs we are creating will be fixed with the beta Hammer release.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

The sooner they release the SDK the better :D

LOL guys, its just a glitch. I'll tell you a secret. Go to your sourcesdk/bin folder. Copy your GameConfig and name it something like GameConfig_backup. Whenever this bitch of an error happens again, overwrite GameConfig with GameConfig_backup. No need to thank me.