Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Favourite challenge type?

Page 1 of 2Next

Greetings!

I was curious on what challenge type people/fans like the most. So i made this poll.

Anyway, for those who have not completed portal yet, challenges will be unlocked when you've completed the game. There are three kind of challenges;

Least Portals.

This mode requires you to complete a map using as few portals as possible.

Least Steps.

This mode requires you to complete a map with as few "steps" as possible.

Least Time.

Self-explanitory pretty much. Complete a map as fast a possible!

--

My vote: Least Portals. This is the most trickiest one in my opinion and hence, the most fun one. It's quite easy to complete this challenge on bronze on all of the maps, but on silver and gold it (can) get *really* hard.

Least Time can be very fun sometimes aswell, but i think it's to "stressy" really.

I'm not a big fan of least steps really. To me it's just annoying, since the system doesn't even work that well in my opinion.

Anyway, what's your vote on and why?

- Nezerv

I'm thinking with portals!

* Double post *

It seems like there were a problem. The option Least Time didn't register for some reason, msleeper (or any other admin) can you help me out with this?

- Nezerv

I'm thinking with portals!

The least time option is missing in the poll.

But my vote goes to least portals anyway. It's the only one where I can just walk around the puzzle and see how it has to be done. That way I can work most effectively. As a result I have gold medals with each of them, unlike the steps and time.

Steps and time really require you to plan out each action before. I'm not really good at this so I find these really hard.

My specializations:
-Thinking with portals
-Killing with Pyro's
-Defending with Engineers
-Healing with Medics

I think least steps is better, because it requires much more thinking..

My vote is Least Portals

I feel like Least Steps is tedious and not very exciting. With Least Portals, you really have to sit back and think, "How the hell am I going to complete this entire level with two portals?"

[img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/uploadlol/sig_plastic-2.png[/img]

I like least portals, because it seems that every time I try to do least steps, I end up getting 5-10 just getting out of the elevator >.<.

Anyone else experiencing a weird bug with achievements not registering. Just did Least time Android Hell, getting my last bronze medal. But the Basic Science achievement didn't get unlocked :/

See here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~dianajo/achievement.png

My specializations:
-Thinking with portals
-Killing with Pyro's
-Healing with Medics

Problem solved, never mind. I'm starting to miss the edit button more and more :(

My specializations:
-Thinking with portals
-Killing with Pyro's
-Healing with Medics
CanMan wrote:
I like least portals, because it seems that every time I try to do least steps, I end up getting 5-10 just getting out of the elevator >.<.

rofl. Try jumping around, that worked best for me.. but alot of those puzzles seem impossible w/ least steps, just because it's like 25 steps, which can be used up just falling out of the portal with too much momentum like 3 or 4 times.

I have not done the challenges yet since I was out of town for the weekend, but I can't wait to do it!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Page 1 of 2Next