Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Elevator Snap-in

I went ahead and created an elevator snap-in for you guys. Just open the file in the editor and copy the elevators from my file into yours and you will have basically a solid snap-in set of elevators that are pre-configured and set up. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

The zip file includes a map, and all the source files I created to make this. Elevators are kind of annoying to make and they basically look exactly the same every time, why manually make them on every map?

Just change the game_text boxes to whatever you want it to say at the end.

Enjoy ;)

That's awesome mate. You should make it a prefab. ;)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

[img]http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_search.gif[/img] Downloads

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Grudge wrote:
That's awesome mate. You should make it a prefab. ;)

A prefab is just a .vmf file. Just stick the map in your prefabs folder and you'll be able to access it in hammer.

When i open the vmf file its just a cake :?: I had to decompile your bsp :?

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.

It's just a cake? Is everyone else seeing the same thing?
msleeper, do you want it in maps or other files?

--------------------------------------------
FIXED
Also, I will mention, I just noticed. For whatever reason, one of the player clips on the exit elevator is not working, it appears, I'm not sure why. If someone else notices this, and knows how to fix this, just let me know what i've done wrong and i'll update this file.

Eh, Other Files is fine.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.