Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Easter egg in the frankenturret intro!

Page 1 of 2Next

Wow! I have just discovered something as an easter egg that might be a bug! In the frankenturret intro in Chapter 8 of the SP storyline, while I was walking into the chamber, a cube walked on the button itself! This was in my last playthrough! Valve, was this intended as an easter egg, or as a bug? Since Franken-turrets can walk, one walked on to the edge of the button without any input from me, at all!

On 8/3/2015, my account reawakened for the first time since 2/26/2013. It's been a long time... How have you been, forums? I've been pretty busy forgetting my password, you know, after I forgot to write it down! R.I.P. Old Signature... 12/31/2012 - 8/3/2015
5/30/2017: OH LOOK I REMEMBERED I HAD THIS ACCOUNT

Franken turrets do randomly walk around. Maybe it walked onto the button its self.

Habzs wrote:
Franken turrets do randomly walk around. Maybe it walked onto the button its self.

Yep! That's EXACTLY what it did!

On 8/3/2015, my account reawakened for the first time since 2/26/2013. It's been a long time... How have you been, forums? I've been pretty busy forgetting my password, you know, after I forgot to write it down! R.I.P. Old Signature... 12/31/2012 - 8/3/2015
5/30/2017: OH LOOK I REMEMBERED I HAD THIS ACCOUNT
Quote:
"For god's sake, you're BOXES with LEGS! It is literally your only purpose! Walking onto buttons! How can you not do the one thing you were designed for?"

Guess Whealtey was wrong after all :)

Theepiccake1993 wrote:
Habzs wrote:

Yep! That's EXACTLY what it did!

This has given me an awesome idea for a map lol...

its awesome idea.
example: two buttons, one frankenturret we would place it so that it can walk through both the buttons

Game mapper.

[spoiler]not really[/spoiler]

That was done with lasers.

All walls are not portalable then what would you do without cheats?

Game mapper.

[spoiler]not really[/spoiler]
krishiv2 wrote:
All walls are not portalable then what would you do without cheats?

:wut:

One of my many unreleased projects was a vscript AI for the frankenturrets that would make them walk onto buttons and sit there if possible. But the player was considered more interesting than the button, and an open door even more so, so that they'd usually end up standing on the button to open the door, then getting excited and jumping towards the exit...off the button, closing the door again. You have to feel a little sorry for them.

Falsi sumus crusto!
Page 1 of 2Next