Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Easter Egg - DEBUNKED (Spoilers!)

Page 1 of 3Next

Apparantly there is a huge easter egg at the end of Portal.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

lol wut:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e5QveX3-1O8

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

100% completely

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Really? Have you tried it?

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Read the comments on the video xD

First thing I started looking at. Over like 20 people all said it was fake. And it was obvious in his video that he was editing it. As he would go in noclip and just place a portal where the box is. And seroiusly, why would u have to die 3 times in the companion cube level?? those levels are serperated so they have no connection so it wouldn't even matter if u died 100 times.!!

Hey fair enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOx3sT8B7LA

My video is more authoritative than ur vid.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
DiddyKong42 wrote:
those levels are serperated so they have no connection so it wouldn't even matter if u died 100 times.!!

Not true, there is a "globalentityname" variable that can be set in half-life games that will allow you to carry variables from one map to the next... there could be a trigger that would send an output to a "logical_entity" which counts to 3 before setting the variable into memory.

Its quite possible to make this fake easter egg real with the proper tiggers and stuff.
Straight from the base.fgd file

Code: Select all
@BaseClass = Global
[
   globalname(string) : "Global Entity Name" : "" : "Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state."
]

So having the same "logical_entity" in every map after 17 could carry a "key" to allow the events in 19 to occur.

its defiantely possible.

I was going to mention that, except for the fact that it says you have to DIE 3 times, and presumably reload from a save game, or start over at the last auto-save. And there is no way, even with math_counters and logic entities, to count how many times a player has died and/or reloaded.

ok I concede, its 100% fake.

msleeper wrote:
I was going to mention that, except for the fact that it says you have to DIE 3 times, and presumably reload from a save game, or start over at the last auto-save. And there is no way, even with math_counters and logic entities, to count how many times a player has died and/or reloaded.

Well thats what I meant ofcourse.

Page 1 of 3Next