Please or Register to create posts and topics.

custom scripts/transitions/multiple levels

Page 1 of 2Next

Wazzup everyone :thumbup:
got a few questions here :
-I will try to upload my first map in the workshop ( don't worry I made several with Hammer) and here is my question : do you got any tutorial to export an hammer map in the workshop ?
- Is it possible to put custom stuuf in ? (such as scripts, ents, func...) I have heard about a program, but I forgot the name and the way to use it.
- Can we add multiple levels in once ? Or we must put them one by one ? If it's possible, could we link them with transition scripts ?

Thx for your future repiles ! :notworthy:

You should have found this easily when searching the forum, but anyway:

To publish custom maps to the Workshop, use p2map_publish.exe in the folder SteamSteamAppscommonportal 2bin

Afaik you can have all the custom stuff in it you want. I don't know if level transitions work or if you have to upload the levels seperatly.

Before you run p2map_publish.exe, you have to put a global_pti_ents instance somewhere in your map. It's in one of the instance folders, I can't check right now, I'm not at home (but the name should be related to PTI)

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

Thx a lot :thumbup:
And, what about transitions and the way to add custom scripts ? i don't think they fix the .vpk

And, what about transitions and the way to add custom scripts ? i don't think they fix the .vpk

Pakrat.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
Hzamd wrote:

Pakrat.

vpk's aren't working atm indeed.

The best way to do a series of maps in the workshop is to create a collection and have each level just end with the default pti elevator.

chickenmobile wrote:
Hzamd wrote:

Pakrat.

Well, this has been discussed before in some other threads, pakrat's weakeest part is right that (well, not really pakrat's fault, but the way the source engine works): embedding the scripts (sp_lightboard_icons.txt, sp_transition_list.nut...those won't be load from inside the bsp as the engine load them before loading any map, so you should place the custom ones into their right paths before running the map)

Ref:
http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/mapping-help/packing-bik-and-scripts-with-pakrat-t5839.html

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I DO KNOW that you can pack scripts (.nut) inside the bsp and they will work, however .bik files don't seem to work for me.

When Pakrat says to fix the path up for you, always say yes.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:

I do know that you have to say yes, obviously... I'll do some test with .nut files to check. If you say so, then it has to be...

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:

I do know that you have to say yes, obviously... I'll do some test with .nut files to check. If you say so, then it has to be...

I think that you can add scripts, like chicken said, but you can't overwrite scripts by packing them.

Page 1 of 2Next