Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Coop: custom ending

Good evenening, I have a question. I am working on my new map and I don't want to use the default coop end room, I would like to use a custom made end room. Based on a single player map, I might need these entities:

- env_fade
    - point_clientcommand
    - a trigger (trigger_playerteam)
    - math_counter (fires, if value is 2): env_fade -> fade, point_clientcommand -> Command -> Disconnect

So, what would you think? Are these all entities which are in use?

I almost know everything, except everything...

Bad idea to use the "point_clientcommand". You don't want the two players to disconnect even though the map is finished. If it's a workshop map, you should trigger the @relay_pti_end, and if it's a playtest, make them go back to the hub.

Well, I also would use the logic_relay "@pti_level_end" after exiting the map. <-- Is it possible to fire the relay after exiting the map? Example:

math_counter (value = 2):

- env_fade -> fade
    - point_clientcommand -> Command -> Disconnect
    - @pti_level_end -> Trigger

If I shouldn't use the entity "point_clientcommand", which equality entity should to be used? Otherwise, does the given logic_relay also quit the map after triggering? I do not know. I looked into one of the default coop end rooms, which have too much of these entities, without trigger and other stuff.

If it's possible, I also don't want to go back to the hub after finishing the map.

I almost know everything, except everything...

The voting trigger also ends the map. Same happens in singleplayer, but in singleplayer you may also want to use a disconnect 1 sec after the voting trigger, so if the map was run from console and not as a workshop map, the map can end (running from console with map command the oldschool way, the workshop voting trigger does nothing so needs disconnect, but if played from workshop, the voting automatically ends the map). In coop, the normal voting (pti_level_end) should be enough.

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-