Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chell?

Page 1 of 12Next

Chell?

Per chance can someone tell me where this name for the test subject came from =X

Chamber 74: Speed Run, Least Portals
Affinity: Least Portals

On level 16 in the original game, GLaDOS says something about "android hell". An android that looks human is called a cyborg so another name for android hell could be cyborg hell. It has been debated that Chell might be a cyborg, so Cyborg hell shorted; C(yborg) + hell= Chell. I just made that up, I have no idea where they got the name.

:wink:

jrlauer wrote:
On level 16 in the original game, GLaDOS says something about "android hell". An android that looks human is called a cyborg so another name for android hell could be cyborg hell. It has been debated that Chell might be a cyborg, so Cyborg hell shorted; C(yborg) + hell= Chell. I just made that up, I have no idea where they got the name.

Lmao, thats one way to get to chell I suppose. And stop winking at me!

jrlauer wrote:

No wonder she is so ugly. :lol:

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
Siiig wrote:
Lmao, thats one way to get to chell I suppose. And stop winking at me!

:wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wierd theory, but it makes kinda sense ;P

Btw jrlauer: You should just use :wink: as your signature.

jrlauer wrote:

That's actually the best Portal-related plot theory I've heard so far.

"Duct Tape is the answer."

So everyone just calls her Chell because someone said it once? Or maybe valve used the name to reference the test subject?

Siiig wrote:
So everyone just calls her Chell because someone said it once? Or maybe valve used the name to reference the test subject?

Valve actually claimed the test subject to be named Chell. :D

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.
ASBusinessMagnet wrote:
Valve actually claimed the test subject to be named Chell. :D

It's in the credits.

The quality is a bit bad but it's taken from a youtube video, not the game.

And just for fun: here's a picture Alesia Glidewell:

Page 1 of 12Next