Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Changing Co-op Portal Colours

Heya there,

I am trying to follow this tutorial on how to change the colour of the portals used in co-op.

However, I have become a bit stuck. When opening the .vpk file in Notepad++ it just gives a bunch of words mixed up with symbols.

I am guessing that I would have to edit a specific file within the .vpk...does anyone know which file to edit and how to do it?

Some of my Portal 2 maps || Mini-Faith || Careful Cube || Vertical Reach ||

|| Need help uploading a map...new user? Read my Map Uploading Guide ||
|| Want to play custom maps, but don't know how? Read my Playing Portal 2 Custom Maps Guide ||

Use GFCScape to open the VPK, not a text file editor. And also you should be opening the pak01_dir.vpk file, not any of the other vpk's in the Portal 2 folder.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
Use GFCScape to open the VPK, not a text file editor. And also you should be opening the pak01_dir.vpk file, not any of the other vpk's in the Portal 2 folder.

I would but I can't seem to access the page...it seems to be down. Is there anywhere else I can get GCFSscape?

Also, I knew which .vpk file it is...but not the specific file located within the .vpk.

|| Want to play custom maps, but don't know how? Read my Playing Portal 2 Custom Maps Guide ||

Its not down.

gcfscape182.zip
PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

You actually do have to open it with notepad++. If you search the file with ctrl+f, you can find it.

This sentence is false!

Yeah I managed to do it lol. Just that the OP of the tutorial, didn't make it clear what you had to do.