Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Change the field of view?

Call me crazy, but I prefer a FOV of 110 degrees. The one in Portal 2 seems to be locked at 90.

My current workaround is binding my W key to "cl_fov 110;+forward;" or something like that, but that's less than optimal. Plus, doing many things will reset it (loading a save, pressing or releasing Tab in coop, death)

There's got to be a better way !

Have you tried adding it to "portal 2/portal2/cfg/config.cfg" / autoexec.cfg? The first basically stores all your key bindings, options etc in the form of console commands, and you could try editing that. autoexec.cfg is automatically run on game startup, so that could work too. See the VDC for a bit more info. I noticed a variable "desired_fov" in mine, you may want to change it too. Unrelated, but try turning on "r_portal_use_dlights". It makes portals use a dynamic light to glow slightly.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

If you're going to take screenshots of your map take them in the default FoV.

110 is literally sickening for most of us.

Caden wrote:
If you're going to take screenshots of your map take them in the default FoV.

110 is literally sickening for most of us.

Okay mommy

(You can crop a rectangle from the middle of the image if it bothers you that much. Which it doesn't.)

Edit: I thought I already posted this but maybe I didn't press send. Changing the desired_fov didn't work :( It got reset to 90, and popping it in autoexec didn't work either. Autoexec is being run tho. I put sv_use_bendy_model 0 in there and it worked.

quaternary wrote:
Okay mommy

k thnx bby
i love you