Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bug discovered

So, I was just messing around in the last level, trying to break things...and sure enough, I found a way.

In the last room with the computer, there are little juts (for lack of a better term) in the corners of the room. I've found that many of them can't be portaled onto....however....when you first go in, off to your left hand side....second corner on your left...there's one you can work a portal onto if you're tricky...and then portal onto the wall next to it so your portals make an acute angle. go grab the purple computer module..eye...thing.....and shove it in the acutely angled portals as fast as you can, if you get it just right, havok will spit it out behind the wall and you'll never see it again without noclipping.

what does this do for you? NOTHING...but it's fun to break things...

I wonder what causes this though, I'd be interested to see if anyone else can get this to work

Cheers

Video please?

Lorithad wrote:
Video please?
[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

reading > me

VIDEO! :D

Gladdly....but..I have no idea where to start with that

Anyone have pointers on how I can make this into a video?

Before anyone gets TOO excited...it doesn't look THAT cool. It's just a bug in havok (I think). While it's always fun to break things, it doesn't always look like much.

In more vidid detail what happened was, as I described above, two portals close together, facing eachother, at an acute angle..I jammed the morality core in there and shook it back and forth as fast as I could, making sure to bash the edges of the portals once in a while. I think the rapid left and right motion finally got it though. Once it happens, it'll look like your morality core has simply disappeared. Upon noclipping, I found the core outside of the GLaDOS room in the bigger...foggier place with the catwalks you can't normally get to.

VolumetricSteve wrote:
Gladdly....but..I have no idea where to start with that

Anyone have pointers on how I can make this into a video?

Before anyone gets TOO excited...it doesn't look THAT cool. It's just a bug in havok (I think). While it's always fun to break things, it doesn't always look like much.

In more vidid detail what happened was, as I described above, two portals close together, facing eachother, at an acute angle..I jammed the morality core in there and shook it back and forth as fast as I could, making sure to bash the edges of the portals once in a while. I think the rapid left and right motion finally got it though. Once it happens, it'll look like your morality core has simply disappeared. Upon noclipping, I found the core outside of the GLaDOS room in the bigger...foggier place with the catwalks you can't normally get to.

record a demo then record it whit fraps then use some video editing program (i prefer virtual dub or sony vegas ,but you can use something else if u want) ! to record a demo write in console record 1 ( 1 is the demo name) then write stop (recording will auto end when you die) to watch the demo write playdemo 1 (1 is the demo name ) and just record it whit fraps
(download : http://www.fraps.com ,you dont even need full version , but you can find a crack if you want (not cracked will record only 30 sec (or 60 i dont remember) but when you record that time just press F9 again (hot key for recording ) to start recording again) ;)