Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Batch Uploading Maps

So I've had P2 for a while, and I've played around tinkering in the Portal Authoring Tools programme, but now I've started using the PTI, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm planning on making five maps, then uploading them. My question is: can I upload all five maps into one download, or do I have to upload them all individually, then put them all into a collection? If I can do this, how? (This might be inanely obvious and I'm sorry, but I haven't even looked at uploading yet, so I don't know).

Another question: How big do you think a set of maps should be? Should I instead release in sets of ten? I can make five in a week for weekly uploads, maybe even seven, but more than that would slow upload times. Thoughts?

~daT.

My Map Pack
Individual maps - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and A Fickle Fix For Fun. Try them, if you dare...

You could upload your maps hidden and then add them to a collection.

To create a collection go to steam -> community -> workshop -> portal 2 -> and click create collection. It should be right under your avatar:

I have no idea how big you want your set to be. I think you should go for quality rather then quantity. In the PTI I could make 15 maps daily, instead I chose to use hammer and create an awesome mod containing 15 maps, that takes quite a bit longer.

The PTI maps are often 5-10 mb big so uploading them shouldn't reallt be a problem I think

daTomoT wrote:
Another question: How big do you think a set of maps should be? Should I instead release in sets of ten? I can make five in a week for weekly uploads, maybe even seven, but more than that would slow upload times. Thoughts?

Hmmm... I'd suggest you to mix them all into one bigger map, or at least try to create several "chambers" instead of "maps" and make the player go from chamber to chamber solving the puzzles. On the other hand, due to that mapping rate you mentioned, I urge you to test all those maps, try your friends to play them, and please be critical, try not to release every single idea you have, only the best ones.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]