Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How do i make a custom PortalGun Model?

As you may know i am making a Portal 2 Mod and i need to be able to edit the Portal Gun Model as well as create a custom skin for it. I have Maya 2015.

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here

Sicklebrick has a great tutorial on portal gun texture editing. (BTW I couldn't get the texture patcher to work, just use the prepatched one in the download)

Also worth mentioning - VTFEdit and GCFScape are impossible to get working the first time, but they are VERY IMPORTANT, so just install as many Visual Studio runtimes as you can get your hands on and cross your fingers :P

I'm imagining model replacement is similar, although I haven't tried it. Probably just replacing a different file with dlc3.

VTFedit is useless to me i have the VTF Plugin for Gimp. I still need help creating a new model.

kyleprotecX wrote:
VTFedit is useless to me i have the VTF Plugin for Gimp. I still need help creating a new model.

You might find this and this useful

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

How did you do that CamBen the automatic search?

Go to [url]lmgtfy.com[/url].

Falsi sumus crusto!
CamBen wrote:
kyleprotecX wrote:

You might find this and this useful

Thank you CamBen you have been very helpful to me :D

:notworthy: